Friday, October 21, 2016

The beauty of being a mother

The other day I had the privilege to sing on a funeral
it was for a young man, 
younger than myself
who died of cancer.

I watched his family say goodbye to him 
watched his mother lean on her loved ones
barely standing up straight
as she said her farewell by the coffin

then I went to get my son
took him aside 
laughed and cried 
at the same time 
thankful that he is ok 

the same night 
i watched my son sleep 
watched his tiny chest
moving up and down 
just feeling lucky 
and terrified
all at once 

what If I loose him?
what If he looses me?

the agony and beauty 
of being a mother 

It all becomes so fragile
it all becomes so terrifying 
but it all also
becomes so 
beautiful. 

Thank you 
Love/ Mom 





















No comments:

Post a Comment