Wednesday, October 28, 2015

About being greatful




Somedays, as a pregnant women, you're mostly complaining.
Or at least youre mostly terrified.
But then comes the days that you are grateful. The days when you actually seem to be able to see the magic of what you are going through. One of those days, for me, were when I got too see  the baby that is growing inside of me on a screen.
When we sat there I was mostly nervous, so nervous that i didn't ask any qustions and neither did the women who did the ultrasoundcheckup. Since this led to us not knowing wich sex our baby is, it made me pissed off for the whole carride home.

But, the mainthing is, i got to see the heart of my baby beat.
I got to se it move, and this, my friends, is something i couldn't be more greatful for.






Another of those days, was when i got a note from my stepson, handwritten by himself.
And let's face it, it's not always easy to be a stepmom. When something is wrong it's mostly me who gets the blame and the yelling. I'm the one who gets tested, i'm the one who gets the trial. Mostly because i'm the one who has the choice to leave him more then his real parents do.
That's how it works.
But with this note, from a happy soon to be big brother, from a little boy who happily tells me that i soon will be a mom for real, I'm greatful in a way that is hard to describe.




It basicly says, first of all, that it's from Jesper (my stepsons name) and then something like:
”I'm waiting for you to get your baby, Jannica.” 

Thank you.

Love/ Mom 



No comments:

Post a Comment