Saturday, December 3, 2016

Thank you mom



It's this new thing with being a parent
I force myself to smile
even the the days when I feel
miserable
I use to have days where I just did
nothing
as in lying in the couch watching
series
or just lying in my bed

So what do you do with those days
when you have a child that can't manage to be
alone?

You get up, do your routines with your child
and then smile until you mean it

Its an upside and an downside with that fact

the downside is that sometimes I feel like a
terrible mother
longing to
just
be
alone

to
just
get
some
rest

the upside is that it mostly works
my child constantly brings me back to
now
not
the past
or
the future
but simply
now

It doesn't matter that I don't do it for me
If I smile than somehow it feels better
(at least sometimes)

And there's another thing with realizing this
suddenly I see my own mom with another kind of eyes
suddenly I see the struggle and the determination
that she and every other good parent have
to during any circumstance
do all that's in your power for
your child

So
thank you mom
for always doing the best you can
Thank you
Love/ Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment