Friday, November 11, 2016

Ode to the child



I'm not sure what to answer
when my stepson asks 
why we can't all live together
him
me
his dad
and his mother

I don't know what to say
when he tells me and his dad
that he is afraid that we are going to fight
beacuse if we do
we are going to get divorced

I admire all the children
who has been in the middle of a divorce
all those kids who
somehow
survived
it

I admire how they adjust
living in two homes
two worlds
that sometimes
is totally different from each other

I understand
sometimes
you get it wrong
sometimes
you did all you could
but
still can't be happy together

I understand that divorce
is sometimes the best choice

But I also see this little kid
who never asked for any of it
who just happened to be
in the middle
of
a
big
bloody

mess

Thank you
love/Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment