Friday, November 4, 2016

The boy with the lovely eyes



The little boy with the lovely eyes
is crawling around in the world now
terrified that I will dissapear

There's a lot to take in
when the world suddenly turns bigger
I can see it in his eyes
and hear it in his shout

I'm exhausted
as most mothers are
somedays i'm jealous at my husband
for having his freedom
his alonetime
and i wonder what i did with mine
before my son was born

But then It hits me
I might be exhausted and scared
but all that fear
all that exhaustion
is probably nothing
compared to what he is feeling
the little boy with the lovely eyes

Its not easy
it probably never will be
I'm not perfect
I will probably bite my tounge
so I won't shout at him some nights

Maybe my biggest mission as a mother
isn't to have all the answers
to do everything right
maybe my biggest mission
is to just
be there

be there
and constantly prove
that I won't ever leave
the boy with the lovely eyes







No comments:

Post a Comment