Friday, November 18, 2016

Ode to the parents



I'm not sure what to write about today
I'm an overtired mom who just put my son to bed
who should do the dishes and make food for tomorrow
who shouldn't do any of the above
who should just
sleep

Basicly I'm like any other mom
doing her best to be a good
mother
wife
and friend


Sometimes I don't succed
does that make me less of a person?
does that make me bad?
can it be ok
to just say
no I'm to tired?

People keep telling me that its a part of it
the no sleep part
does that make it easy?
does that mean that I always need to
stay put
and say
no worries?

Yesterday i cried on the bathroom floor
simply beacuse I was
to exhausted
to do otherwise

Simply beacuse sometimes
I think that I'll never ever be
good enough

Mothers do that
probably fathers to
but that's not what we see
and that s not what we show
beacuse somehow we are all just suppose to
hang in there

So to all good mothers and fathers out there
to all of you who keeps struggling
to be a good parent
to all of you who would do anything
to keep your child safe and sound
though you're exhausted

You are good enough
actually
you are moore than that
you are a
superhero

so give yourself som credit, ok?

Thank you
Love/
Mom










No comments:

Post a Comment